Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The President's Speech

Ryan is constantly stealing my camera and taking pictures. Two days ago he took the camera again. When I asked Ryan where the camera was he informed me that it was upstairs and that he broke it.

I had a feeling that he just didn't turn the camera off and it ran out of batteries...I was correct. Thank goodness.

Anyhow, today Chris and I sat down to listen to the President's speech to the school age kids. Chris wasn't really interested so I encouraged him to become interested real quick. I told him that he could play the Playstation 2 if he listened to the speech.

When the President started talking about the need to fail in order to succeed and to keep trying if you fail Chris started talking about math stations at school. He told me that at one of the stations they get to work on geoboards. He has been trying to make a spiderweb the last two time the geoboards were out but has not succeeded. He was going to keep on trying. I told him how awesome I thought that was and we continued to listen to the rest of the speech.

The speech ends and Chris heads over to the Playstation. He plugs it in and starts playing. Ryan and I are playing with a pegboard in the same room. Then this conversation:
Chris: Mom can you play the board against Daffy Duck for me?

Me: Chris you know I can't do that board, I have never completed that board. Ask Daddy to do it for you.

Chris: But just like the President said you need to keep trying in order to succeed.

I guess he missed the part in the speech when Obama told the kids to spend less time in front of their Xbox's!

5 comments:

Turner Family said...

I ask Joey if he watched it at school. He told me no and that he always wants to hear the President when he wants to talk to him.

Adam said...

The school district here refused to show the speech in the school.

Kati said...

Funny! I have to say I saw that one coming.

Beth said...

Chris wanted to hear to also...but it actually took me too long to get it going. That is when he lost interest.

Beth said...

Adam, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the school district refused to show it. I also think it is worse that parents pulled their kids from school for fear of brainwashing. What a great lesson to teach the children...you don't have to respect authority, let alone the man who we chose to run our nation!