Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day #12

Chris had baseball last night and he is by far the best one on his team. It probably helps that he is the oldest too. It doesn't matter though because he still has a problem catching so as long as he is having fun he will get it eventually.

Last night they had batting practice. The kids would each hit the ball four times then on the fifth time they would run the bases. Chris was so funny. First the coach did not put the kids into any positions so the kids were just running after the balls. (This league is not competitive at all and strictly learning the basics unlike his spring league.) Anyhow, every time Chris would get the ball he would run and tag the runner out then run to the next base before the runner and wait for them to get there and tag them out again. One time I saw Chris sprinting from the outfield to home plate to tag the runner...he got him. One of the kids did give Chris a run for his money though. Chris was running from third base and the boy almost got to home plate before him. This little boy and Chris were the only ones who knew how to play the game.

So now on to today. Ryan had his normal Thursday morning routine.
Ryan: I'm not going to school.
Me: Okay, then you tell Ms. Patty when we get there you are not staying.
Ryan: No you tell her.
Me: If you are not going to school you need to tell her.

Then we went to school, he stayed and had a great time. Now on Monday he will cry "Why can't I go to school?"

Ah, the mind of a two year old.

Speaking of the mind of a two year old. I told the boys today that they were my very favorite people in the world. Then I asked Ryan who his favorite person in the world was...I was hoping for me but had a feeling he would say MomMom or PopPop. However he said Mrs. Benedetto! She is one of Christopher's friends mom! Can you believe that? The last time we saw her was before school started too!

No comments: