It's almost been two weeks since Ken left...crazy! Only one month left. With Chris and Ryan in school and constantly running around the time has gone pretty quick.
We hit the Nascar Social today. I brought my camera but left it in the car because I didn't want to carry it around. They have this event on base every time Nascar is in town. Even though we are not Nascar fans this is the second time we have gone. They have free pizza and different activities which are all mostly free. They always have some Nascar drivers signing autographs, bouncy castles and passport drawings. This time they had the DCW. The boys have never seen wrestling before. I let them watch but during the very first match they asked to go home.
Since we moved off base I don't see many of the people that we used see when we lived on base. So it is nice to attend these events and see a few people we used to see more often. It is funny though because three of the women I saw today all lived in Washington at the same time as us.
To enter the passport drawing you have to visit different booths that have been set up. It is basically a way to get people to these booths rather then have the people sit there with nothing to do. I always participate in this activity because the very first event Ken and I went to an event with a passport drawing I won tickets to the local amusement park. So anyhow I learned something new today. They now sell lawyer insurance. Can you believe this? You pay a "small" monthly fee and if you are ever in need of legal advice or a lawyer they have over 10,000 lawyers in their network and your entire family is covered. I don't think I will be investing in this in the near future....however I do think the person that came up with the idea and advertising on a military base is a genius! I have known a few people since I married Ken that are defiantly looking to make their millions by suing people.
Tomorrow is Chris's first baseball game and then we are headed to my parents house. Should be a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment