Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day #15

Chris had his first baseball game yesterday. He did great. He was told though that this league does not tag people out and was made to throw the ball before the runner got to second base where Chris was waiting. Otherwise the baseball game was great. Neither team played positions and the kids all had a blast. My personal opinion is that more parents need to get involved to help the kids get the basics down. We had more then one kid run from second base straight to home plate. We also had a few kids barely hit the ball then run up and either kick the ball or throw the ball farther. The kids just get so excited to touch the ball that it doesn't matter what their role in the game at that time. Whatever, it really is fun to see the kids have fun.

We headed to my parents house after the game. Chris did not get enough sleep last night and was a hyper mess today. Actually both the boys were crazy. I didn't even experience the worst of it because I was outside cleaning my car and Ken's car. I experienced enough though that I left two sleeping boys and a dog in the car and bought beer on the way home.

Before any of that I took Chris to the Halloween store today. He has wanted to do this for about two weeks now.

Here is a little preview of the boys.

I need to make some adjustments to Ryan's costume so it fits better. I don't think I am going to be motivated enough to pull the sewing machine out so I am going to try some magic with safety pins. The costume is big enough that he can wear it next year too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he wants to.

No comments: