Karen and I (with help from Scott and Ken) painted our family room. Our fire place and walls used to look like this
Now they look like this!
I now love our fire place. It doesn't stand out in the room anymore and looks like it should be part of the room.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of our garage before. We had things placed wherever and you could hardly walk in the garage. Ken and his father put shelves up on Wednesday and started cleaning the garage. We have had a second garage door opener for about a year now just sitting in the box. So Thursday they finished cleaning the garage and put the second garage door opener up. This was the result.
Ken's parents rented a pick up truck while they were here. Since we bought a new car just that previous Thursday I took full advantage of the pick up. Karen and I went out and bought some trees to cover the eye sore fence and get some privacy (eventually) from the neighbors deck. They took us out to dinner Thursday night and left.
Friday I put my husband to work getting the trees into the ground. There is another burning bush just off the patio that you can't see.
We picked up Chris from his bus stop Friday and then headed to my parents house to celebrate his birthday with the family.
He is currently obsessed with two things in his life....Tracey and Mario people. Since Tracey pretends to talk on the phone with Goomba and pretended to be Goomba on the phone she is the greatest thing in the world currently! Tracey quick printed these Mario guys out and put them on Chris's cake.
I love Chris's face in this picture.
Now Lou has pretended to be Blooper on the phone for Ryan but not Chris...I think once he talks to Chris, Chris is going to go nuts.
Then I left my camera at my parents house!
So since then we have painted our kitchen the same color as the family room. We have finally started Chris's birthday present. He wanted to spend the night in Ocean City, MD. He wanted to ride the rides one day and go to the beach the other day. Unfortunately, Ken and I are awesome procrastinators so we didn't have any plans for the dog. We headed to Rehoboth today, playing on the beach, and will head to Ocean City on Monday to let him ride the rides. Finally a month later Chris's birthday will be over!
Then Ken heads back to work on Tuesday. Only for a short time because he is headed to Texas for 6 weeks, then to grave shift for about 3 months. I guess this was a good time for him to take off because we had a fun two and a half weeks.
1 comment:
I love your living room.
Looks like Chris had an amazing day.
Post a Comment