After hearing stories of my friend's kids bringing toys to school I thought how can you not know what is in the kids backpack? Well, today we arrived at the bus stop and a boy pulls out a penny and Chris says "I couldn't find Bowser, so I brought you Boo."
I ask Chris what is going on and he tells me that they are paying him for one of his toys. Meanwhile, I had already told Chris that he was not giving any of his toys to his friend.
So this morning I guess I realized that I really have no idea what the kid puts in his backpack even if I did check it this morning when I put his folder and lunchbox in there.
I also thought I would never be one of those parents who sends their kid to kindergarten with partially completed homework. I thought that would happen more around 3rd grade.
Well, last night Chris showed me his homework and I told him he needed to write more. He had 5 lines to write. He filled in the lines like I asked but completely missed filling in the second line. I noticed this while I was putting dinner on the table. He told me he would finish it after dinner. Well, after dinner the Flyers were playing so we sat down to watch the game. It wasn't until this morning that I realized he never finished his homework. With PT at 7:30 this morning there was no way it was going to get done. So he went to school with his homework partially finished.
I also didn't think I would be one of those parents who would let their kids wear their cloths for more then one day. Ryan put his Flyers jersey on last night, slept in it and demanded to wear it today.
I guess I am one of those parents!
1 comment:
That's what I said about the back pack thing. I check the folder and put in the lunch box so how is it possible they sneak things anyway.
Post a Comment