I knew today was going to be a hard day. Last night I got off the computer just before 10:00 and Chris was laying on the couch wide awake. I knew that also meant an early morning especially since today was Chris's day to play video games.
I have to say though I was impressed with Chris this morning. He couldn't beat a part of his video game and instead of getting frustrated he turned the game off and waited a little while before trying again. When he went back he still could not beat the same part so he turned it off again to try later. Awesome job by him because I usually hear a scream of frustration and then see him get upset.
Well, I had to go grocery shopping since we ran out of milk. I just realized today that I almost always do my grocery shopping the day we run out of milk! Isn't that funny? Two gallons usually last the three of us about one week. It works out fine.
After running an errand before grocery shopping the kids started asking about lunch. We headed to the mall to have Subway for lunch and pick up some shirts for Ryan. During the mall trip the kids were kids. Ryan ran off with Chris chasing him (read: encouraging him to run throughout the department store). After a few more incidents I took the TV away from Ryan and the video games away from Chris for the rest of the day. I knew it was going to be horrible while cooking dinner!
On our way home I didn't feel like going shopping at the Commissary so I figured I would hit Acme and just get the essentials until Tuesday. (The Commissary is closed on Mondays.) Of course, I forgot the milk!
Anyhow we got home and instead of the kids going crazy, like normal, Chris asks to put the Halloween decorations up. I get them for him and let him go to town. He put a ghost decoration in the food pantry and told me that the ghosts like to hide so they can't be in places that people can see.
What surprised me most about the night is that after Chris put up the decorations instead of going crazy he sat at the table and made his own Halloween ghosts. Ryan, of course followed suit. It made for a wonderful and peaceful night (that was of course after the boys were rolling on the ground fighting over a Mario figurine and Chris bloodied Ryan's nose.) But hey, if that is all that happened and the kids were calm it was a great night in my house!
No comments:
Post a Comment