Friday, October 2, 2009

Day #20

These animals have fleas!
 
Posted by Picasa

So not happy about this. I bought some stuff for the carpet but I am going to try and sprinkle salt first and see if that helps at all..

I am mad at myself for buying the cheap flea medication for the dog two weeks ago. I have to now wait another week before I can put some Frontline Plus on him. At least the cat has Frontline Plus.

4 comments:

Kati said...

We had fleas this week. Our dog had frontline and the cats had not been out. The vet said something about the weather this year the fleas are everywhere. They gave me a pill for each of them called Capstar. It kills the fleas in 20 minutes. Then we started top to bottom and vacuumed and sprayed the carpets and furniture. So far so good. And I didn't need a vet appointment they gave it to me at the front desk.

Beth said...

I took the dog to the vet because I didn't think he had fleas since I had put the medicine on him. I gave him one of the Capstar pills but should have waited because the cat also has fleas. I am going to give him the second pill in a few days.

The vet said the same thing to me...that this was the worst year she has seen for fleas.

Turner Family said...

We got something from our vet that works like capstar for a month. The fleas were gone in no time.

Beth said...

Was it a pill or a spot treatment?