One day we headed to Ft. Delaware (a fortress that once served as a Civil War prison) on Peach Pit Island. I had been waiting for over a month to go and it did not turn out to be the day we all hoped for.
We had to take a ferry over to the island and we made it just in time. We were not even in our seats when the ferry started moving.
We arrived and they took us to what is left over from the Fort by trolley. This was the happiest time for our family.
There was a musket demonstration going on when we arrived. Chris HATES loud noises and this set the tone for our short stay. He got upset and didn't get it back together. We wound up leaving after only seeing a couple sites.
The Fort is weird. There are no signs telling you what are entering and you explore on your own. Now this is just from the two places we explored. We entered some sort of barracks. It was like a dungeon and creepy. Here is the tunnel we were walking though, with just enough light to see where you were going. This picture was taken with a flash too.
There were rooms that were blocked off and pitch black in this area. I was curious to see what were in the rooms so I took a picture.
I am definitely looking forward to going back after everyone gets a good night sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment