So he comes home on Friday and I ask to see the book. He hands it to me.

I flip to the first page and I can pretty much guess it is him riding a bike. I ask him just to make sure.

I have no clue what is on the next page so I have to ask again. This time he drew a pool.

Flip to the next page and I can tell that he drew roller skates here. He confirms.

Then I turn to the last page and have to ask him again what the picture is.

It's some on blowing up a school bus!
We laughed and laughed and said that we had the next Unabomer on our hands. He changed his story by the time he saw my sister that night. Suddenly he was blowing up and old broken down school bus.
I don't know if the teacher asked him what he was drawing or not but he told me over the weekend that he was originally going to draw a roller coaster. You can tell that he was because the bus is on tracks. So I have come to the conclusion if the teacher ever asked what he was drawing he would have said roller coaster then changed his mind. If she looked at it as a roller coaster she probably would have thought the detonation device was where the person started the ride and the fuse was the plug to make the roller coaster start.
The other funny part of the card is that Chris wrote his name and then made dots in each letter like he traced his name. I wonder if some of the kids in his class can't write their names and the teacher made dots for them to trace so Chris thought that was how he was supposed to write his name. He is so funny.
2 comments:
I love this! Did he have any reasons in particular for wanting to blow up school buses? All of the pictures were creative!
I was embarrassed last year because I got called out of my class by Evan's teacher. She was laughing at me because Evan had snuck guns(toys)to school in his back pack. Wonderful when its one of the teacher's kids bringing guns to school. I sat him down and told him they take kids to jail for that. I don't think he will do it in elementary school, but I still check his bag every day!
I think he blew up the school bus because it was something new. However he got the idea from the Wii game Mario Party.
Post a Comment