Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris!

I wrote this yesterday but as I was writing it our computer went offline. I guess our modem died so we had to go pick up another one today. Anyhow, Chris's birthday was on the 12th. Here is the post:

Chris turned 6 yesterday!

He had his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. On our way to the birthday party we had to stop and get his cake.

I have to say I am not impressed with Safeway's cakes. Another party we went to earlier in the year also had a cake from Safeway and it was horrible.

Anyhow as we arrived at Safeway it started down pouring. We waited in the car for a few minutes and made it into the store pretty dry. The rain really let up. Well, while we were in the store it started down pouring again. So again we waited with about 5 other people. Finally the rain let up a little and everyone walked out into the rain at the same time. Pretty funny. However, I was the only one to pick the wrong row and then stand around for a second saying "Where is the car?"

So this is what the boys looked like when we got into the car.

They loved every minute of it.

We made it to Chuck E. Cheese and had a party. The kids had a great time. However, I was annoyed with how the party went down. They did not bring out all the food at the same time, although we ordered it at the same time. Then they put on a little show for the kids and when the show was over all the kids ran off to play games rather then have cake and open presents. So we loaded the presents into the car and left cake on the table for the kids to come back and eat. But I guess it doesn't matter if I was happy with the party....all that mattered was Chris was happy and the kids had fun.

This was the best picture I got of the kids. Chris is in the back with the red crown on. He had 5 friends and their siblings join him for his celebration.

1 comment:

Turner Family said...

Happy birthday Chris!!! I can't believe he is 6.