
Chris was reading a book to Ryan.
I figured I had a few minutes so I jumped on the computer. Kati posted a funny blog about Evan stating he voted for Alabama for president at school. I didn't mention the election to Chris but I am sure he has overheard us talking about it. I decided to ask him who he wanted to win the election. He stated "Obama." Then when I asked him why he stated "Because I like him. Plus it's a state." I couldn't believe he said the same thing as Evan.
Next Chris asked to do his flashcards. Karen sent us site word flashcards for Halloween. Well, we sat down and he has a few of the words memorized. But I almost fell out of my seat when we got finished and he knew 21 of the 34 cards. He even sounded some of them out. YeahWho...maybe he is going to be a reader soon.
We then headed rollerskating. The boys had a great time despite tears from Chris when he hurt his finger and later got a bump on his head. He continued to get back up and keep trying.
Well, I figured after rollerskating I would quick stop at the polls to vote. When I voted in the primaries we walked in, voted and left. It took all of 5 minutes. In Washington I always had an absentee ballot so I was pretty surprised today when the parking lot was completely full!
We got in line waited 45 minutes to find out I was in the wrong polling place. The school I needed to be at was right next door. So I headed over to the correct polling place and proceeded to wait another 45 minutes to vote. This time we got to the machine and both boys came in with me. Not paying attention to Ryan I was marking who I wanted to vote for and after I picked 3 people Ryan conveniently hit the vote button for me. I have no idea if my three votes are going to count since I did not have anything marked for more then half the positions.
All I can do now is hope at the end of the night Delaware turns the color I voted for.
2 comments:
I think your rollerskating sounds so fun. And you gotta love kid politics. I took Gabi voting with me. I let her color in all my circles. There was one position "auditor general", I didn't know what it was and had not heard of the candidates. So I wrote Gabi in and let her vote for herself. She thinks she is going to win!
That is so funny. I had to take two sick boys. Joey watched Luke sit in his stroller behind me while I voted. They were both great.
Post a Comment