This past Veterans Day was great. I am completely amazed at what a wonderful country we live in! Around 11:50am Ryan and I were getting ready to leave to pick up Chris from school. As we were walking out the door our doorbell rang. It was our neighbor's brother. He works for a man that owns a landscaping business. He wanted to know if we wanted our lawn cut for FREE! Wow! That was really awesome for us because our lawnmower broke and we haven't bought a new one yet.
Our day went on as normal. Then about 7:00pm another neighbor showed up at our house and handed us a card. I had no idea what this was about so I took the card and said bye. Upon opening the card it basically said thank you and your family for serving our country. WOW! What great neighbors!
This Veterans Day really proves what a great country we live in.
Thank you to all who have served for our nation!
3 comments:
That's awesome Beth! My friend's son who is in the navy flew home from California for the first time in a year. They bumped him up to first class. Paid for drinks and meals and people stopped him to shake his hand. Sometimes you really need to hear about the good people out there!
That is one of the perks of living in a Navy town like Pensacola. My boys get to learn and see how important the military is. It was a hard concept for me as a child, no one around me was in the military and every one I knew that was in the military at some point had been drafted and had nothing good to say about the experience. So at least I hope my boys are learning how important the military is to our life.
I use to drive older adults to the grocery store in college. They were the age that they were married or ready to get married when every one got drafted for WWII. Their stories were amazing.
It is wonderful how everyone has such different stories and the people of our country are blessed enough to tell the truth of their experiences.
Post a Comment