Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Joys of a 5 Year Old

Yesterday Ken was driving Chris to his sports class. Little did we know that the class was canceled since we moved and got a new phone number. Apparently on the ride there Ken was following behind a truck and could not see in front of it. The truck swerved lanes to avoid a car that was turning. Ken stopped short to avoid hitting the same car.
Chris says: Daddy you shouldn't stop so quickly.
Ken: I know son. I am sorry. I didn't want to hit that car though.
Chris: If I was eating something I would have choked!

In our new house the boys have locks on their doors. We use a coin to unlock them from the outside. Whenever Chris wants some time without his brother he goes into his room and locks the door. Well, last night I went to get Chris out of his room. His door was locked. I knocked. He asks "what?" I tell him to open the door. Next thing I know I hear him say "here, use this " and a quarter hits my foot. I picked up the quarter and opened the door. Once I walked in he puts his hand out and says "Can I have my quarter back?"

All I could do was shake my head and laugh about it later.

1 comment:

Turner Family said...

Joey told Kev the same thing, but instead of telling him he'd choke. He told him that it makes his head fly forward and he doesn't like that.