Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our first 5K

Ever since Chris, Ryan and I ran the Star Hill mile Chris has been bugging me to run a 5K. I finally found one close by on a day Ken was off and a day Chris could still make it to lacrosse after. I went to turn in the paperwork at the high school and right at the last moment Ryan decided he was going to participate too.
Chris and I ran the 5K twice beforehand to practice. The first time it took us 45 minutes. The second time 44 minutes. So we set a goal that we wanted to finish in under 40 minutes. I was so proud of Chris when we finished right around 34 minutes! My official time was 34.04 and Chris was a few steps ahead of me.
I really thought when the truck went out to see how many people were left Ken and Ryan were going to be in the back! However they were not and Ryan finished just under 50 minutes with Ken following.
During the award ceremony Chris found out that he came in 1st place for his age group.
We also found out that I came in 3rd for my age group and Ken and Ryan came in 1st for the Father/Son team (especially created for Ryan).
The best part of the run was when Ryan turned the corner to finish the race every single person waiting was cheering and clapping for him. It was awesome!

No comments: