Sunday, May 6, 2012
Dover Mile
This year is the second year that we ran in the Dover Mile. Last year Chris and his buddy Caden ran around before our running time and Chris tired himself out. It took us a little over 12 minutes to finish. Ryan walked the route with Ken.
This year I reminded Chris of what happened and he remained calm the entire time. Pretty impressive since registration started at 4:30 and we were not running till 6:15! Ryan on the other hand ran around with Caden. Chris decided that he wanted to run the official timed race instead of the fun run with us. He was able to switch his bib and run in the race. He finished in 8:33. I was impressed!
Then he decided that he would also run in the fun run. Surprise surprise, Ryan was too tired to run. We wound up dropping out of the race at half a mile. Chris ran the entire mile again and finished somewhere between 9 and 10 minutes. I am not sure of the exact time.
Chris loves to run. I asked him if he liked short distances or long. He said the longer the better. He has even asked to run the half marathon with me! However, we told him that he would have to stick to running 5K for the time being and if he wanted to run longer distances we would talk about it when he was 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment