We then headed to the mall to get lunch. Walden Books has a table set up in the middle of the mall with cheaper books. As we were walking by I saw this

Remembering my mom told me these were great books to learn to read I picked it up. Chris read the first couple pages to me and I bought the book.
After dinner we sat down and read the first book in our compilation.

I love the book. The words constantly repeat themselves and the words in the book were the same words Chris is learning in school. But the best thing about the book is the pictures. Chris and I laughed and laughed at the pictures. The book kept his interest, he was excited to turn the page and he wanted to read more and more. Sounds to me like a good book. What more could a 6 year old want from a book?
1 comment:
I have never even seen those books. Sounds great. i love that you can laugh at the pictures together!
When my two were starting to read, we liked the "Step into Reading" books. Level One is kind of like the "Dick and Jane" wording and they have the latest "hit" titles. Like Star Wars, Lightning Mcqueen, Scooby Doo...etc. Our library has a whole wall full of them.
Post a Comment