We arrived and knew that they had a 3.5 mile bike loop that we wanted to do. However we really couldn't figure out where we were on the map. So we just found a path and went. We went up a couple hills found a nice lookout point and found Ft. Miles. We explored Ft. Miles a little bit but couldn't do much because Ken and I were on rollerblades.
We returned to our car and I looked at the map. I eventually figured out the route we took. (It is outlined in yellow)

Since we didn't know just on the other side of the bend was where our car was when we decided to return we turned and went back the way we came! We figured the boys rode about 4 miles today! Can you believe that? Ryan just learned to ride his bike a week ago! Not once did either boy complain. They both said they had a great time.
Well, before we left we wanted to figure out where we were on the map. We drove around in our car and found this look out tower, which is part of Ft. Miles.
We all made it to the top. Ken had to carry Ryan down. However before we even started our decent down Chris decided that he was going down and coming right back up. So Chris and I made the journey up the stairs again. It was amazing how high the tower actually was and how many stairs there were. It didn't seem like their were enough stairs to actually get to the top of where we were.
It turned out to be a wonderful day. I can't wait to return and explore the park a little more. It seems like a great place to camp and spend the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment