Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And He's Off

So today is the official day...Chris's first day of kindergarten! I can't wait for him to get home so I can hear about his day.

He said that he was not nervous or excited this morning but he was so hyper. He was fine until he had to get dressed for school. That is when it hit him.

We got our shoes on and headed out for a picture while we were waiting for Ryan and Daddy.

There were four kids at his bus stop. None of the kids really talked to each other or interacted at all. Chris tried to talk to a boy but the other boy was noticeably nervous.

I thought Ryan would be fine but he was upset after his brother got on the bus. He hasn't left my side yet.

6 comments:

Kati said...

Was Ryan mad Chris left or that he didn't get to get on the bus too? I love the pouty picture. Too cute. Chris looks like he did great. We are walkers so we don't get to do the school bus until 5th grade. I hope he has a great day!! And I am so jealous that you have full day kindergarten. Evan is so ready for that but he only goes 3 hours. Less than his preschool was.

Turner Family said...

Was he more upset that Chris was gone or that he got to ride on a bus? Luke would be so mad if Joey got to ride on a bus

Beth said...

Ryan was mad that Chris didn't come home with us. I kind of forgot to explain to Ryan what would be going on.

Adam said...

Wow! What an exciting day for Chris!

Kati said...

How was day two?

Beth said...

Ryan was fine with Chris leaving today.

Chris came home and was so excited. I think he really enjoys school. Ken's parents were here and they got so much out of Chris. We heard more about his day then any day from preschool in the last three years!