The other day we were playing Uno Attack and I put the card down to trade hands with another player. Since it was only Chris and I playing I told him "trade hands."
He looked at me and put his hand out to shake mine. I looked at him and said "Trade hands."
He then put his cards down, sat up on his knees and reached over with both hands towards mine and said "What do you want? Do you want to hold hands?"
That is when I realized he thought I was telling him to trade his real hand with mine. A simple explanation and now he talks about playing Uno Attack at school and who he has to trade hands with.
Then last night he was doing everything in his power to stay up after bedtime. Ken and I were talking in our bedroom. Chris came in and told me he loved me and goodnight. (even though I had walked out of his room less then 2 minutes before) So then he asked me if I was going to bed soon. When I replied that I was he asked "After you clean all the dirty dishes in the kitchen."
Ken couldn't believe that Chris came in the room and ignored him. So Ken says "What about me, Chris?" looking for Chris to say I love you and goodnight. Instead Chris looks at him and says "Yeah, that would be fine if you cleaned the dishes for Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment