Well, Chris had his first day of school and his last day of school. We were excited about his new school. We were also excited that Chris liked it and did so well when being dropped off.
Unfortunately, his school turned out to be more of a daycare. The packet we received before school started informed us that all children should be at school by 8:25 because class starts promptly at 8:30. After the first three days I realized the parents were dropping their kids off whenever they wanted (after 8:30) and only two parents were picking their kids up at 11:30, all the other kids stayed the entire day.
On Wednesday Chris would not get out of bed so he had a very light breakfast. I let the teacher know that he only had about half the amount of food he normally eats. You know how she handled the situation? She gave the kids lunch early (at least 20 minutes early) and when I came to pick up Chris all the kids were eating their lunch while the two boys that got picked up early stood there and watched.
Thursday I walked into the classroom to pick Chris up and he screamed "I colored you a picture, Mom." He ran over and handed me a picture of Garfield ripped out of a coloring book. This is when I was almost positive Chris would not be returning to this "Montessori school." We didn't send him to school on Friday.
Since the schools in Delaware begin registration in January I had a difficult time finding openings back in May. I knew it was going to be even harder to find him a school this time. Well, back in May I picked three schools for Ken to visit. We called each of the schools and the one Ken like the best found an opening for Chris! We rushed over there and filled out the paperwork. So now Chris will have another first day of school on September 13!
While I was filling out the paperwork the teachers said Chris could go out and play on their playground. The teachers came in to tell me that Chris told his Dad "This school is so much fun and I am NOT going to cry when I come here."
No comments:
Post a Comment