Saturday, May 1, 2010

McDonald's

Chris has been hounding everyone to get him McDonald's lately. Well, Chris was having a hard time staying interested the entire game during soccer. He would play well the first half and then not so much the second half. He scored three goals his first two games. The next game he didn't score any and last week he scored four goals. I believe after the second game I told him that if he scored five goals I would take him to McDonald's! I thought this was going to be really hard and didn't think he would do it.

Well, with the right motivation he surpassed what we thought was possible. Today Chris had scored 7 goals under his belt at half time. We don't know how many he scored in total but I think it was around 9! Our team had 10 kids show up while the other team only had 4! We usually have two games going with 4 or 5 a side. Today Chris played 3 a side so the field was much more open and he was able to run with the ball. However this week every time he got the ball he ran towards the goal rather then towards the sideline! He is making tons of progress, especially since he is asking to play everyday after school.

Well, we fulfilled our end of the bargain. Chris got a chicken nugget happy meal with fries.

Ryan got a cheeseburger happy meal with apples.

I knew how this was going to turn out before it even happened. Chris ate all his food, Ryan only ate the apples while Ken and I had grilled chicken at home!

No comments: