On top of my list without hesitation is Tinker Toys!
Chris got a bucket of tinker toys for his 4th birthday and hasn't stopped playing with them. Tinker Toys can become anything and everything in our house. I wonder if anyone can guess what Chris built in the picture!?!?!?! Ryan also enjoys tinker toys. Usually he just puts rings on one of the sticks and runs around the house with it though.
Wood blocks are also on my list. The wood blocks are always brought out whenever something can not be made with Tinker Toys. I would have to say of the items played with today the wood blocks are number 4 on my list.
The second item on my list is Legos.
The Legos come and go in our house. I won't see them for a month or two and then Chris will start playing with them again. Overall, Legos have had their fair share of time in our house. I think Ryan has even logged in a few hours of playing with Legos. I think if I bought the regular legos for Chris he would spend more time playing with them now. The Duplo that we have fall apart so easy.
The third item on my list is a box. Chris played with the box during Ryan's nap but I didn't think to take a picture. So here is Ryan!
So there you have it, four items on my must have list.
6 comments:
I agree to your four and I would add the small lego building sets and playmobile knights for boys or a doll house for girls. And don't forget puzzles and playdoh!
Puzzles are not on my list...for the fact that once the puzzle is mastered it is put away and not thought of again(at least in my house).
I will have to look up playmobile knights...never heard of them before.
Stomp Rockets are also on my list.
stomp rocket was awesome until we lost all the rockets. Then Joey took the stomp part and did all sorts of things with it.
We lost a bunch of rockets too and the other one's broke. However, it is one of those toys that are so cheep I don't mind buying one every summer. The kids have a blast with it.
I think Chris might have used the stomp part as a fire hose at one time.
The neighbor at my parents house went out and bought her son a big expensive pump rocket. She told me that she should have just bought a stomp rocket because he sent the rocket off once and then didn't want to have anything to do with it!
We love stomp rockets too. My kids would stand back and really jump on them so we broke the launcher before losing the rockets. But as you say, at $7 easy to replace each year! I have to say my best (and most expensive) purchase has been the trampoline. They still love it and I am happy because they are exercising! Oh and playmobile is like doll houses for boys.
I thought about getting a trampoline but our HOA doesn't allow them.
That is awesome your kids still love it. Maybe we will take a trip to your house one day and Chris can jump with them!
Post a Comment