Chris was able to find 2 eggs before the hunt was over.
He ran and found the first egg and then looked around for another. After he found the second egg I told him he needed to slow down because there were so many little kids. Well, the egg hunt lasted all of 30 seconds. We started walking around and I noticed a bunch of kids didn't find any eggs. I started looking around and I noticed it was all the older 2 year olds and younger 3 year olds that didn't find any eggs. However, the kids that could barely walk and most likely wouldn't remember this Easter found the most! I heard some parents complaining that parents were grabbing eggs for their kids and the monitor say "That's what happens in the 0-4 age group." It made me a little sad that not every kid found an egg.
Well, we then headed to get pretzels. On the way Chris was so worried that his eggs were going to fall out of the basket we had to stop every 5 steps to make sure they were still there. Finally I asked him if he wanted to put them in my purse. He did and we went on our way.
We got our pretzels and went to sit down in the mall. Chris had his bunny ears in his basket and they fell out. A women, who was volunteering, came over and hooked the bunny ears around Chris's basket so they wouldn't fall again. I guess she noticed that he didn't have anything in his basket because she quickly returned with some candy. Then the Easter Bunny came out of the store and was taking pictures with all the volunteers. I heard the same women say "That little boy over there..." She hid her face so I could not hear the rest. Well, a few minutes later she came over and asked Chris if he wanted to get his picture with the Easter Bunny for free, with a Polaroid camera. (I don't know what it is in Delaware but we now have Polaroid's with Santa and the Easter Bunny.)

They then told us there were arts and crafts in the toy section. So Chris and I headed back. We had a wonderful morning
When we got home Chris wanted to have an Easter Egg hunt. Finally, after dinner while I cleaned the kitchen Chris, Ryan and Ken had an Easter Egg hunt. Ken hid the eggs first. Ryan found one and a ball. When all the eggs were found Chris screamed "Dad, this time I am the Easter Beagle and you go wait for me to hide them."
I laughed so hard. It should not surprise anyone though that knows my son because he loves Charlie Brown!
4 comments:
That's so funny. My kids have never heard of him. But... its on TV tomorrow night. Ryan looks so cute and fun. I wish I could just freeze Andy in time. I love this age.
We get the Charlie Brown movies from the library. It doesn't matter to Chris what holiday it is he gets whatever he can.
As for freezing a child in an age. I would have picked about a month ago for Ryan. Ryan lately when I tell him to do something he looks at me with a smile and shakes his head no!
I bet that there were tons and tons of kids there. Last year we tried to go to one of the local nursing homes for an Easter Egg hunt and it was done in no time. Thank goodness our church always does something. It looks like he had a blast.
I didn't know if you saw that I responded to your question about this week. Can you do Thursday?
Post a Comment