Sunday, March 22, 2009

Natural History Museum

Monday we picked Chris up from school and headed to the Natural History Museum. It was pretty neat. It was small enough that the boys never asked to leave and large enough to be there for a couple hours.

Chris was excited to get there and see the dinosaur bones. I have to say the dinosaur display was really not that impressive. The bird collection surrounding the dinosaur bones was impressive, but boring.

We all liked the floor that looked like we were walking over a coral reef. Ryan thought he was going to fall through and was very nervous walking on it.

We completed a scavenger hunt inside the museum. Glancing at the sheet it said to find a bunch of different animals outside. We figured they had more little statues then what we had seen coming in so we headed outside and found this neat little path in the woods.

Our best guess is that the path was to look for and learn about birds.

Upon actually reading the scavenger hunt paper it said to head out to the warthog, rub his nose for good luck and then find the animals on the base. So that was the last stop of our visit.

I have to say it was a nice little museum and I learned some new information, but thinking about it a week later I am not all that impressed.

Chris mentioned his five favorite things on our way home from the museum and I just asked him what he liked the best. His reply "the dinosaur bones, the scavenger hunt and the glass floor." Funny, because that was the most memorable part for me too.

1 comment:

Turner Family said...

It looks like it was sort of neat.