Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chris

Chris has been working on getting a new car for his race track. We have decided that when we get an item for his good choices book he will have to earn stickers by the cost of the item times 3. So he had to earn 10 stickers. I am surprised he didn't get the car quicker because everyday at lunch he would sit the car on the table and look at it. However, I have noticed that some of the good choices he got stickers for previously have become habits. I love that he holds the door open for his brother and me, our daily walks have become enjoyable, and he quickly gets dressed when it is time.

This car took him longer to earn because he has been sick and ultimately didn't make any choices at all. It was great today because when I told him he could pick out a sticker he started screaming. It was easy to get a picture and have him smile because once again he was truly excited.


Later today we found out the community center pool was opening at 5:00pm (a year late). We also found out that they were going to have two bouncy castles. I know from previous experiences that many times they require the kids to wear socks. So after Chris put his swim gear on he also put his socks on. I could not resist taking a picture.

I have never seen Chris have so much fun at a pool before. It was almost impossible to keep track of him. He was even swimming under water for the first time. Unfortunately, he got blisters on 7 toes from the bottom of the pool and has informed us he isn't returning. Good thing we have another pool right across the street!

1 comment:

Eric Thomson said...

What is it about this age and swearing things off after an injury? Audrey fell on her bike and yelled for days "never again! never again! I will never ride my bike again!"